.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Friday, November 23, 2007
  Thanksgiving Weekend
Well the first half anyway.

Wednesday morning I get up at around 8 o'clock. I take a shower and start packing up. I already put all of my dirty clothes in baskets ready to be taken to my car. I also had to pack up my computer after double checking where James lives. I checked out a cart form the front office and used it to bring my two baskets of clothes, backpack with computer, pillow, and two coats to my car. On the way to my car I noticed how empty the parking lot was. I guess a lot of people went home Tuesday night like I wanted to.

I got lost on the way to James' place but I left early so I arrived on time. We chatted briefly and got in the car. I asked if he liked The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Of course he did, which was good because I wanted to listen to the radio series on the way home. I had originally come up with this plan because we didn't know each other very well, and I was afraid it would be an awkward 5ive and a half hours. about an hour outside of town I stopped the iPod to answer my phone and after the call James and I ended up talking about all sorts of stuff and I somewhat regretted listening to the show instead of talking for so much of the trip.

I got home after dropping James off and hung out with my family for most of the evening. I sometimes need to take a moment and be thankful that we all get along so well. Sure we have a few little things, but we can spend an evening sitting around and talking and it's actually fun.

We then went to a Wednesday night church service. Every Thanksgiving my home church and another form down the street get together for a service followed by pie. I like pie. During the post service fellowship and pie, I talked to Erin. Erin is a girl who is currently a senior in high school and trying to figure out where she wants to go to college. Her family is also very good friends with mine. Being that I love Texas Tech, I talked to her about all the cool things the school has to offer. She agreed to come up for a visit in the near future, but I don't know that she actually will. If she does I'll have to find somewhere for her to stay, and try and set up a meeting with an adviser who could tell her more about the program she is interested in entering.

Thursday was Thanksgiving (you probably heard about this elsewhere,) and it was just going to be the four of us in my immediate family eating together. This was pretty cool as almost every other Thanksgiving I can remember we were with someone else, be it family or friends. We worked together making the food and had a lot of fun doing it. Kat made some really tasty pie. (peanut butter chocolate fudge) We ate around three and then everybody took a nap somewhere in the house. Kat fell asleep on the couch, my dad and I both sitting on overstuffed armchairs, and my mother in her bed (she's he smart one.) After everybody's nap we ate the pie. That evening we watched TV, because my family watches a lot of shows together. Some of them were episodes I had already seen or shows I don't watch regularly but I did it to be with my family.

After everybody went to bed I got on my computer to find that a certain someone was online. For those of you who are paying attention, this was the same certain someone who received my phone number in a previous post. We chatted only briefly because I couldn't think of much to say. I really am much more charming in person or over the phone, the whole IM thing is harder for me. About two seconds after I had decided to ask her out, she said she was going to bed and signed off. I actually had the message typed out and was trying to force myself to hit send when the program informed me that she wouldn't be receiving my message that evening. I kicked myself repeatedly for not doing it sooner (I had been thinking about it from the moment we started chatting.)

Side note: As I'm typing this she is currently online and I want to message her, but I've been thinking about it since yesterday and keep psyching myself out about it. I'll probably keep debating it until she signs off. Sometimes I am too analytical.

Friday (today) morning I wake up and am informed by my sister that we have to do the Christmas decorations today. This includes hanging lights on the house and putting up the tree. I think I'm going to stop blogging here and just ask her out. I may finish this later but who knows. The future is a mystery, lets hope for squirrels.

no, no, not lied at all.

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger