.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Friday, July 27, 2007
 
Current waster of time...

So I installed Freedom Force on my computer a few days ago, and I totally forgot how awesome it is. For those of you not in the know, Freedom Force is a Squad based superhero action game based on some RPG system. I don't know what system, but aparently nobody used it, so they made this game. It rocks.

In other notes:

When I started writing this, Super Powers by OOkla the Mok was playing. I was going to end my post with some of the lyrics, but then the song changed to Traffic Lights by Monty Python. This reminded me that Kelsey hated the song and would get mad every time I sang it at a traffic light. There are certain upshots to being single. That is certainly one of them. Following Traffic Lights was Crayons Can Melt On Us For All I Care, a ten second ditty about wasting time and not crayons by Relient K. Now is the Finale from Rent. It should be noted that this is the first Finale and not Finale B which follows Your Eyes. Your Eyes was a bit of a let down. I said to my self "This took him a year to write?" and the actual Finale (that is Finale B) was also somewhat pointless musically. Yes (SPOILER) Mimi doesn't die, or returns from death, or what ever (/SPOILER) but that's about it. It's certainly not hummable. I like hummable music. Or at least music I can whistle to. I told Jacie about my whistling habits and for some strange reason she remembered them better then I did. The reason it's weird is because i don't remember saying them the way she said I did and they were also not exactly accurate. So maybe she didn't remember them so well after all. As I typed that last bit, Shall We Dance from Crazy For You started. It doesn't have much in the way of lyrics, but it did remind me of dancing with Jacie in front of the security camera. There are some downshots (is that a word?) to being single as well. I Should also mention that I intentionally stretched this post to this length talking about my music because I thought a short post about a five year old video game would be boring. It's now just a longer post but still relatively boring. La Vie Boheme B is playing. Hmmm, two Rent tracks that close together, how random. this is another instance of the 'B' phenomenon, as I've decided to call it. I'm pretty sure Rent is the only musical to utilize this phenomenon, but that's what makes it unique. Not very unique, but only because you can't modify the word unique. I told my father that it bothered my that people modified unique and he then started doing it whenever possible. Never show weakness. The Only Thing Worse Than Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One, is Relient K's short political diatribe with another long title. Jack, Jack, Jack, Head in a Sack, was a part of the introduction in the original cast of Into the Woods, but broken up on the track list for the London Cast. I prefer the connected version for the most part. For a short while the songs got ahead of me typing because they were short and I was long winded. I've now caught up and the song is Nothing Is Too Wonderful To Be True from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I don't want to end with those lyrics so lets see what happens next. Baby's Head by Ookla the Mok. Good choice.

Baby's got a soft spot
 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger