.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Friday, May 25, 2007
 
Towel Day and other thoughts.

Today is Towel Day. Towel day is a day to celebrate the life and works of Douglas Adams by carrying around a towel with you all day. This way people will be able to say about you "there's one hoopy frood who knows where his towel is at." I also planned to celebrate by rereading The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but I woke up late and forgot.

My life has gotten weird recently. I've been home for about three weeks now but it isn't. I'm not sure I'm comfortable calling Lubbock home either but that is mentally my base of operations now. I guess I'm just getting older but it seems like my family and I have drifted apart somewhat. That seems like it might happen after two years of living apart. But now when I come back I feel more like a guest. Everybody had their own lives and I'm just watching and adding my skewed commentary. It seems like my mother is constantly trying to find something to do with me because she's not used to having me around.

This brings me to another thought. What do people do? Last year being on vacation seemed like such an awesome thing, I had all the free time in the world. Now I've been back for thee weeks and I need something to do. I will have something to do soon though, as I'm going to summer school. I was talking to my dad about the lack of things to do and he pointed out the last few times I've been home, I've been spending my time with Kels. As that is no longer an option and since Jacie is busy doing her own thing, I've had even less to do, so to speak. Of course I didn't really talk about my initial question. I still don't understand what people do with their time. My dad goes to work comes home, and hangs out until he goes to bed. My mom sits on her computer and reads books, my sister does something I guess, but she's usually out of the house. This may be why I'm choosing a career that could be called less than traditional.

I woke up again at 5 o'clock this morning to write. This is the second time I have woken up from a dream with a script idea on my head. Lat time it was a dinner party with lies and deception, but this one was a much more straight forward revenge story. Well it was relatively straight forward. I sometimes wonder if I have any chance in the world of playwriting if all I ever write is little four page scenes. I'm thinking about doing something along the lines of a 24 hour world deprivation thing to see if I can even write a full length play.
 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger