.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Thursday, April 15, 2004
 
You know, I'm beginning to think no one reads this. Eh, whatever.

So it's two nights in a row now where I come home from work and cant sleep.

Today at work I was in music again, meaning that since it was a busy night I had maybe a dozen customers in six hours. I did manage to do some interesting reading about some interesting books. I recently picked up a book called Flatland, it's about a two dimensional world. It's pretty good so far. While at work today I found out that there are other books similar to flatland written by other people, called Flatlander, Sphereland, and Spaceland, all dealing with similar subjects, but in different fashions. I picked up Spaceland but Sphereland is out of print and we didn't have any copies of Flatlander in the store.

So prom's on Friday, and we still don't have all of the stuff figured out plan wise. Joel is going over to Darah's house for picture stuff and then I'm going to pick them up at her house with Kelsey, and then we're going to go to the prom. Darrah's parents aren't sure if/when they want her to go to an after party, and if they don't want her to go at all she's going to get a ride home with someone else, but if she does come, we'll have to take her home some time. It's not a problem but I need to have all of this stuff figured out and I only have tomorrow to do it because we don't have school Friday. Speaking of the after party, Sherri, who is really cool and set the whole thing up, is probably not going to be able to come to it because it's her husband's birthday, and he doesn't want to go out and party all night. There's an off chance that she'll put him to bed and then show at the party late but it's unlikely.

stuff that needs to be done before prom:
get corsage
get haircut
get Dr Pepper for after party
find out what Darrah's allowed to do
find out where Darrah lives
get my granparents' Buick
pick out some car music
stop panicking

Also tomorrow, I'm taking Kelsey to see Approaching Zanzibar over at Jesuit in Dallas, I'm hoping I'll be able to find the school. It has Allee, a friend from the ski trip in it, and Carl her bf, also from the ski trip, was AD for the show. It should be fun.

The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle.
Why not I with thine?

See the mountains kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;
What is all this sweet work worth
If though kiss not me?
 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger