.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Monday, April 05, 2004
 
I really dislike people who don’t use Internet etiquette. Today in my inbox there was not only three copies of a chain letter, promising me money from Bill Gates for every person I send this to. Not only that but I got it twice from the same person! Lets use some common sense here, shall we? Why would Bill Gates give you any money for forwarding an email? Let alone $200 for each person you send it to. He may be filthy, stinking, and rich, but I don’t think that he is so tired of having all this money that he’s going to give it away to strangers. Point two: how is Mr. Billy going to know that YOU are the one he needs to send the money to? He isn’t going to just send a check to your email address. Point the Third: according to the email, you have to forward it ass soon as possible, because, this is a beta test and you wont get your money if you don’t send it before the beta’s over. The only problem is that the email never specifies a start or end date for this “beta testing.”

And I don’t like those people who feel the need to spam email lists with replies like “me too” or “I’m in.” Yeah I’m talking to you.

*Steps off of soapbox*

In other news, I’m offering a shiny new dollar via paypal, to the first person to finish my contest. “What contest?” you say? The following contest: Below are a few lyrics from a number of different songs that I have listened to recently. You have to email me with the correct title and singer (or singers) of said lyrics. Some of them are easy and some of them are really hard, but I assure you that each and every one of the songs exists.


Song one:
My jaw nearly hit the floor
I couldn’t believe my eyes
Twenty minutes later when I opened the door
She was standing right outside

Song two:
I saw my friend the other day
And he said
I’m real concerned about the cola war
I’m working on a screenplay about a dinosaur
You got Nintendo 64
Can I come over and play?

Song three:
I cut down trees
I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers
I put on women’s clothing
And hang around in bars

Song four:
So it was Jeremy in 1983
In his Ocean Pacific tee
Who got a bloody knee
On his skateboard
In the half pipe that Tuesday night

Song five:
Every single night the same arrangement
I go out and fight the fight
Still I always feel this strange estrangement
Nothing here is real nothing here is right

Song six:
Here she comes again with another boyfriend
Introduces me and says
This is the sweetest guy I’ve ever known
She wraps her arms around my head
“This is the sweetest guy I’ve ever known”

Song seven:
So we’ll drink and drink and drink and drink
And then we’ll drink some more
We’ll drink and dance and fight
‘Till the early morning light
When we’ll throw-up, pass out, wake up
And then go drinking once again

Song eight:
So late, one night
When the palace is asleep
Out of my royal chambers
And into the garden I creep

Song nine:
Zoom zoom, zoom zoom
The world is in a mess
With politics and taxes
And people grinding axes
There’s no happiness

Song ten:
He was killed by a cellular phone explosion
They scattered his ashes across the ocean
The water was used to make baby lotion
The wheels of promotion were set into motion

Song eleven:
Junior highschooler
With pencils in my pocket
And my Trapper Keeper busted
Spilling papers and books on the floor
Not wanting seventh grade anymore

Song twelve:
I know I should go
But I follow you like a man possessed
There's a traitor here beneath my breast
And it hurts me more than you've ever guessed
If my heart could beat, it would break my chest

Song thirteen:
The one I kiss is the one you take
I promised lord that I would stay awake
I swear to you that I don’t know the man
Let his blood be on you I have washed my hands

Song fourteen:
Three cheers for Joe’s junior-high
It’s the best junior high in Toledo
Its colors are purple and white
The purple stands for freedom
And the white stands for FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

So there you have it, the longest post I’ve had in these past two months (that’s all? Crazy Ain’t it?) If you have the answers email me at the sub domain of this website@yahoo.com. You could be the lucky winner!

P.s. If you don’t now what the sub domain is, then you don’t deserve to win.

P.p.s. I’m serious about the paypal thing.

P.p.p.s. no lyrics today because of the whole contest thing
 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger