.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
My Socks Are on Fire!
Thursday, March 11, 2004
 
Musings:

How many people at faith know of/about me? Sure I’ve been a couple of shows and I’ve had compliments on my excellent portrayal of a Christmas tree, but those were mostly from elementary students. Today I realized that I’m more recognizable than I thought I was. It’s kind of weird in the sense that I don’t know any of these people but my name seems to have made at least some traversions of the Highschool Information Transfer System (HITS for short [which I just made up on the spot in drama today]). Now don’t get me wrong I don’t think I’m some big shot at faith or anything or anything, it’s just that people who I’ve never met call me by my name. It’s kind of surreal. (like the Angry White Boy Polka [http://flashplayer.com/music/angrywhiteboypolka.html])

Today my father arrived home from Tulsa and my mother and sister left for Tulsa. Had they not been using different modes of transportation, I’m sure they would have passed each other on the road. Being as it was that my father and I were home alone tonight we did what any true blue guys would have done we went to Albertson’s and bought (this is exactly what we bought, and all we bought) pizza, beer (for him), Dr Pepper (for me), hotdogs, pork rinds, and cashews. We then came home and watched a movie.

It’s kind of weird, since Wal-Mart has opened up and Burrus closed, the Albertson’s in grapevine has become the new Burrus. By that I mean that a bunch of old people shop there and not much of anybody else. But at least it wasn’t busy.
Tomorrow I start Twin Arrows, the scout junior leadership-training course I’m staffing on. It’ll be very little sleep, lots of songs, poorly cooked food and caffeine. Fun!

This is the story of two brothers, Hing and Ming. One day their pet chicken fell ill, began to molt, and soon lost all of its feathers. Each was devoted to the search for the cure. They differed greatly on how it was to be found. The brothers decided that this would be an ideal test case and agreed to each spend two months trying to cure the chicken.
Hing immediately went back to the university. Having boned up on ornithology and traditional Chinese medicine, he decided that the answer was a prescription of gum-tree leaf tea. He gathered bushels of the tea leaves, brewed gallons of the tea, and poured it into the chicken for the two months.

Meanwhile, Ming traveled all around China, praying at the shrines of his ancestors. One night he had a dream. His ancestors appeared and told him to feed the chicken tea made from gum-tree leaves. Ming, aware of his brother's lack of success, decided that the problem was quantity. He gathered whole CARTLOADS of leaves, and brewed BARRELS of the tea, and poured them into the chicken for the two months. At the end of the time, the poor chicken was still as naked as a bowling ball.

Moral: All of Hing's courses, and all of Ming's kin; couldn't make gum tea refeather a hen.
(Courtesy of http://www.dullmen.com)
 
Comments: Post a Comment


This is just one man's blog. You will read about my life and what happens therein. Will it change your life? No. Should you read it? Probably not.

I guess this is a good a time as any to welcome any intrepid readers that have stumbled here from facebook. It should be noted that there is some heavy stuff that gets posted here. I should also note that this blog is about me and my outlook. This is one of the few places where I am 100 percent honest. That's not to say that my feelings don't change. What I wrote here three years ago is very different than what I felt three weeks ago, and that is decidedly different that what I felt three days ago. So intrepid readers, I invite you to comb through the archives, but be warned, if we know each other you might be mentioned, I might have used a pseudonym I might not have. Any thing on here is something that I deem worthy to posted on the netterwebs. That means it's important to me. If something I post here bothers you that's OK. But rarely (read:never) will I edit previous posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I may not be proud of what I put out here but I mean it. If you want to talk about it go ahead, I have comment links for all of the posts, or you can just ask me about in the real world. If it's here it's fair game for discussion.

Everything here is the intellectual property of the owner unless otherwise indicated. Steal it and I will have my posse of legal students attack you face. There is no fair use of it, just stealing. If you want to quote me, ask first.


Woot! Links!
dull men
Sluggy Freelance
Penny Arcade
Digg
Moxy Fruvous
I can Has Cheesburger?
Found/b>

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 /






Powered by Blogger